Albion Environmental International Ltd’s Alasdair Meldrum, the director and founder of Albion Environmental International Ltd delivered a training season to over 300 members of government at an event chaired by His Excellence the Governor of the Equator Louis Daniel Alphone Koyagialo Te Geremgbo
The focus of the presentation was how Albion will work to support the Government to develop a waste management strategy for the province.
Our Vision for Province De L’Equator
The situation in the Province De L’Equator is very poor and there is little or no waste management infrastructure. There are also significant gaps in other infrastructure so there are many competing pressures for resources. Our focus is to provide significant improvements in public health via better waste management practices in as short a period as possible. We will achieve this by focussing on the following –
• Clearing blocked drainage channels to allow water to flow freely
• Provide waste collection system focussing on three waste streams – combination of collection system and bring system.
• Organic waste converted to compost to be sued locally
• Recyclate material, separated and value recovered
• And final waste stream to secure well constructed landfill
• The target is to achieve an overall recycling and reuse rate of over 90%
There are many areas of concern however the next immediate areas of concern include –
• Abattoir waste
• Condition of markets
Presentation was well received and a wide range of questions were received at the end during the Q&A session. All participants will receive a certificate from Albion Environmental International Ltd.
Our thanks to Mr. Ruffin Bangu Mbuandi PWATY for organising and providing the translation into French.